May 9, 2011 in Uncategorized by northcoastNOW
I went to visit my sister and brother in law in New Jersey this weekend, and we went into New York City Saturday afternoon. I don’t know if you guys knew this, but there’s A LOT of people there. And they all dress funny.
- The Tribe went 3-3 on their west coast road trip, and come home for a six game home stand. I was watching the game with my dude Steve yesterday, and he and I both were amazed that the Angels hit two balls off the plate that combined to go 1,000 feet in the air. Annoying.
- Why the hell was Austin Kearns playing so shallow in the eighth, allowing Aybar’s hit to go over his head? There were two outs, with runners on first and third. Any ball hit to the outfield is gonna score the runner from third. Only anything over your head will score the runner on first.
- The Lakers laid over and died in Dallas, and the Mavericks swept the Lakers in the Western Conference semis. There’s really no excuse for Andrew Bynum’s flagrant on J.J. Barea. Did he do it because the Mavericks were still hoisting threes with the game in hand? It doesn’t matter. There’s no room for that.
- Rajon Rondo pulled a Willis Reed/Curt Schilling and came back to play in the third quarter after dislocating his elbow while getting tied up with Dwyane Wade. The video is absolutely disgusting. I’ll link to it, but I won’t post it, mainly because I don’t want to throw up.
- Around this time last year is when the whole Delonte West-Gloria James rumor started. Deadspin chronicles how that rumor came to be. I’m still not sure if I believe it or not, but this story just doesn’t seem to go away.
Quick programming note: I will still write Tribal Pursuit, but the updates may not be as frequent. We started a new golf page on the CT’s website, The Missing Links. I am writing for that page, and since there is revenue tied to the page, my focus has to go there first. I will welcome anybody to write guest posts for Tribal, so if you’d like to write one just contact me at email@example.com.
Here is the press conference from Saturday night when LeBron James said something controversial. How controversial it is, I really don’t know.
Comments are closed.