Provided by foodnetwork.com
- 4 (6-ounce) chicken breasts, trimmed, cleaned
- 1/2 cup red chile flakes
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons minced freshoregano
- 1 3/4 cups water
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup dicedtomato
- 1 cup medium diced white onion
- 5green chiles, very finely minced (remove seed and ribs for a milder salsa)
- 1 cup gently packedcilantro, roughly chop
- 2 large clovesgarlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup Cuervo 1800tequila
For the marinade, combine all ingredients in a blender and puree for two minutes on medium speed. Strain marinade through a fine sieve. Let chicken breasts sit in marinade, refrigerated, overnight. The following day, on a hot grill, grill the marinated chicken until thoroughly cooked, about 10 to 12 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken.
For the salsa, in a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and it’s ready to serve.
For the presentation, spoon a serving of the salsa on the plate. Cut the grilled chicken breast on an angle and fan out on plate next to salsa.